Monday, January 15, 2018

Let It Snow


 With the temps holding steady in the single digits, I think the 3-4 inches of snow isn't going anywhere any time soon!  I really dislike the cold and snow, but looking around the country, it isn't 'warm' any place.  Guess it's the perfect excuse to just stay indoors ...specifically, my craft room!

One of my craft goals is to try new things.  I just played around making this shaker and 'altering' a background die.  The other 'new' thing, was taking the photos differently.  I'm so in awe of people who can take pictures from above vs. straight on.   I'll need to keep practicing!


 For my card, I started with a background created with distress oxide inks. I used Avery Elle's Waves background die cutting off the waves in the top part and placing a piece of acetate so I could create a shaker.  The sweet little penguins (who actually like the snow!) are from Reverse Confetti S'more Love set.  The Let It Snow word die is STAMPlorations.

Thanks to these challenges for the inspiration!










15 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome card!! Loving the waves in the background, and the penguins are way too cute!!! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin Divas this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made a really sweet creation for our 'Cold and Frosty Colours' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and colourful shaker card Kathy. Thank you for joining our challenge and good luck. Greetings, Veerle DT ATSC

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie pie card Kathy!
    Hope you're staying warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cute shaker card!! Love the background and the adorable penguins!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots! Mine are always vanilla; my creativity has its limits!
    The penguin card is really nice. I like that it's a shaker. Who knew that snow could be so many colors! :)

    I prefer the warm weather, too. Spring is my favorite season of all.
    Thanks for joining us for our New Year's Resolutions and Goals challenge at Cut it Up! Good luck with your goals!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your background looks awesome with your penguins. Thank you for joining our “Penguin” Challenge this week at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute shaker card! I love the image too. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.

    Pattie
    Owner & Artist

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how the die created swirls of snow. So Crisp and "cool". Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges.
    -Sandy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card and I adore the colours that you've used. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a real cute card for our theme, I just love it. We have a lot of snow here too (yuk)! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute! I love the background. Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super cute. Love the colors
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Pattie's Creations Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete